It looks maybe a little bit like flannel, but it's not!
The Salt and Pepper fabric was originally developed as a lightweight rucksack fabric for the Swiss military during the late 1930's. As cotton became a valuable commodity during the war years a mathod was devised whereby nettle fibre was combined with cotton into one yarn to make a scarce recource go further. Hally Stevenson has recreated this fabric ans added a little chemistry to provide a water repellent finish to the cloth whilst remaining faithful to the original heritage of the fabric. English bridle leather, solid brass hardware and Riri zips are used throughout with np compromise on quality and style!
W16" (41cm) x H12"(31cm) x D3"(8cm)
– Leather handles
– Two full-sized outer pockets
- – 11⁄2" removable webbing shoulder sling
- – Extra padding for protection
- – Full-width internal pocket
- – Divided and bellowed internal pockets
- – Riri zip opening
- – Small leather inner pocket suitable
for mobile phone, iPod or wallet
- – Signature red lining